Monday, August 16, 2010

A Week Left in America

So, I have just about a week left in the good old US of A before I get on a plane to Chicago (and then to Dusseldorf, Germany). So, in light of my few days remaining, I'm trying to cram in as much as I can before I head out. I've got to get to Oxford to sign a lease on a house for senior year, drive my little brother to college at UNC, pack, get a real swag moneybelt, and prepare myself mentally. None of which sounds easy right now.

I've begun to think of this trip as a rite of passage. I know that I am going to be challenging myself to work beyond my comfort zone in so many ways. First, I'm going to be living with another family, something I've never done for any extended time before. Also, I will be in a country where I won't be able to eavesdrop on random strangers. I'm going abroad and I only know two other students in the entire program, so I guess I'm going to have to make some new friends. Again, these are all things that will likely foster a new sense of maturity and growth within me, or at least that's the plan. When I come home, I know that I will be able to hold my head high and be proud of the man that I've become. Go USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment