Monday, August 23, 2010

And Panic...

At approximately 2:30 pm this afternoon, I panicked. My state of mental unrest was probably caused by a sudden realization that I have almost everything packed and that I am, in fact, actually getting on a plane tomorrow. Yikes.

But as with all hyperventilation-related moments, it passed. I have since checked in online for my flights tomorrow and have even printed out my boarding pass. I still have not finished packing - there is a 50 pound weight limit for checked luggage. Thus, I must remove several things from my checked luggage to fit the aforementioned requirements. Also, my carry on is definitely above the 18 pound weight limit, but how are they ever going to know? I'm going to be the one lugging it around, so I don't really see a problem if it weighs 22 pounds.

I had my last real American meal: Chipotle. One of my friends who just returned from a summer in Luxembourg informed me that they just don't have good mexican food in Europe. Not really all that surprising, I suppose. Nonetheless, my lunch was exquisite - 3 soft steak tacos with rice, pico de gallo, sour cream, cheese, and lettuce; I love good Mexican food.

Anyhow, tomorrow my flight leaves Columbus at 10:28 am, and is scheduled to arrive at Chicago O'Hare at approximately 10:40 am (fastest flight ever!). Then I have about a five hour layover in Chicago, as my Lufthansa flight doesn't leave until 4:15 pm. My flight is then schedule to arrive in Dusseldorf, Germany at 0725 (European time now). From there, I will be getting on a bus with other Miami students and taking the four hour (according to Miami's staff) or three hour (according to Google Maps - a much trustier resource?) bus ride to Differdange in Luxembourg.

Am I excited? Yes. Am I nervous? Yes. Am I terrified in a profoundly unique way yet strangely cool, calm, and collected? You betcha. More to follow as I actually begin my journey tomorrow morning! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment